Data Protection Declaration for ROTHENBERGER Werkzeuge GmbH
This website is provided to you by ROTHENBERGER Middle East Equipment Trading LLC (“ROTHENBERGER”). Please read this data protection declaration through carefully and do not use this website if you are not at all or are not in part in agreement with the procedural methods described here.
When this data protection declaration uses the terms “we”, “us”, or “our” etc., then this refers to ROTHENBERGER. Terms such as “you” and “your” refer to yourself as user of the website, independent of whether you register on the website in any way or not.
Data protection – data processing during use of the website
In case of every access to www.rothenberger-onlineshop.com, information is automatically recorded in log files transmitted to us by your browser, which also applies for the extraction of data (browser type/browser version, operating system used, the referrer URL and the time of the server request). Here we use your IP address, but do not collect your personal data on your use of our websites. No data recorded on access is merged with other data sources.
During the access of our websites, we therefore do not utilise any collected data from you in order to identify you personally, but rather only for the optimisation of our web presence.
Data protection – communications via email, contact form, telephone or fax
Should you contact us via email, fax, telephone, participation cards within the scope of competitions or via one of the utilisable contact forms on our website, and state personal data in the process, we utilise your information to contact you and if applicable to initiate and execute a suitable contract as we are able to derive from the wishes you state in your request. Forwarding to third parties shall only take place within the legally permitted framework. Furthermore, we wish to point out that security loopholes may occur during data transmission in the Internet (e.g. via email). The implementation of gapless protection against access by third parties is not possible.
If we utilise your personal information with your consent or for the preservation of authorised interests for the purpose of advertisement for our products, you can revoke this consent at any time or contradict the use of your data for product advertising at any time (by post, email, fax or telephone). Your data shall then no longer be used and processed by us for this purpose.
Sharing contents on Facebook, Google+1, Twitter & Co.
The contents on our pages can be shared in conformance with data protection in social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. This tool first produces direct contact between the networks and users when the user actively clicks on one of these buttons.
No automatic transmission of user data takes place through this tool to the operator of these platforms. If the user is registered for one of the social networks, an information window will appear with the use of social buttons for Facebook, Google+ and Twitter in which the user can process the text prior to sending.
Our users can share the contents of this page in social networks in conformance with data protection without entire surfing profiles being created through the operator of the networks.
Data protection declaration for cross-device remarketing
Our websites utilise the functions of Google Analytics Remarketing in connection with the cross-device functions of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
This function makes it possible to link the advertising target groups created with Google Analytics Remarketing with the cross-device functions of Google-AdWords and Google-DoubleClick. In this way, interest-related, personalised advertising messages which have been adapted depending on your former use and surfing behaviour on an end device (e.g. mobile phone) are also shown on your other end devices (e.g. Tablet or PC).
Once you have issued the appropriate consent, Google shall for this purpose link your web and App browser history with your Google account. In this way, the same personalised advertising messages can be placed on each end device into which you register with your Google account.
In support of this function, Google Analytics creates Google-authentified IDs for users which are temporarily linked with our Google Analytics data in order to define and create target groups for cross-device advertising campaigns.
You can permanently contradict the cross-device remarketing/targeting by deactivating personalised advertising in your Google account: to do this, follow this link:: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
You can find further information and the data protection provisions in the data protection declaration by Google under: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
What do we do with your personal data?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long do we save your personal data?
We save your personal data in accordance with the applicable law, and no longer than required for the respective legally admissible purpose.
Our Internet site partly uses so-called cookies. These serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and reliable. Cookies are small text files which are filed on your computer and stored by your browser. Most of the cookies used by us are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Cookies do not cause damage to your computer and do not contain viruses.
What happens if I do not wish cookies to be used?
You can change the cookie settings, or in general prevent cookies being received, and therefore limit the amount of personal data pertaining to you which we receive, but this will simultaneously impair the functionality of the website. The 'Help' menu in the menu bar of most browsers explains how you can prevent the acceptance of new cookies in your browser, where you can set your browser to inform you when you have received a new cookie, and how you can completely deactivate cookies.
If you wish to receive the Newsletter offered on the website, then we will require an email address from you. You can cancel the Newsletter free of charge at any time via the link provided.
Why and with whom do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with third parties including other companies of the ROTHENBERGER Group. We shall neither disclose, nor transfer, nor share your personal data with the exception of to the scope described below, or within the scope approved by you regarding a specific matter.
Possible recipients of your personal data are (if respectively legally permissible):
- Other companies of the ROTHENBERGER Group and ROTHENBERGER business partners: We may disclose your personal data to other companies in the ROTHENBERGER Group (e.g. for the respective local ROTHENBERGER market organisations responsible for the website) and our business partners if a substantiated reason exists (e.g. use of a service provider for the dispatch of email newsletters). Whatever the case, your personal data shall exclusively be transferred by us for specific, legally permissible purposes and not be sold, hired or otherwise traded.
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers on our behalf and according to our instructions for certain tasks (e.g. for database management, maintenance services, web analyses, processing of incoming inquiries, parcel delivery, dispatch of mail consignments and emails, etc.). Such third-party service providers shall receive access exclusively to the personal data required to exercise their specific functions and exclusively for the purposes of the respective tasks. We ensure that all third-party service providers are aware of these obligations and comply with these. We shall also otherwise ensure that third-party service providers use your personal data completely in harmony with the relevant data protection laws.
- Courts, enforcement and supervisory authorities: We may disclose your personal data if this is necessary for compliance with legal regulations, for the protection of the rights or security of our website, other users or third parties (e.g. protection against fraud). In such cases, we always investigate the permissibility of the transfer of personal data under special consideration of the type of request, the type of data affected and all consequences of the disclosure of personal data for the related user.
- Research: We may analyse the collected data to improve our website and service provisions by investigating which areas of our homepage are most frequently visited by our customers. In this respect, ROTHENBERGER may transmit aggregated statistics to trustworthy service providers, however these statistics shall not contain data records, such as names or email addresses which are attributable to a certain person.
Who is responsible for the proper handling of your personal data?
ROTHENBERGER is responsible for the proper handling of your personal data, insofar as we collect, process and use personal data in connection with use of the website by you or otherwise. You can contact us using the contact data stated below.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites which are beyond our scope of influence. If you visit these other websites, you do so under your own responsibility. In this respect, we shall not be held responsible or liable for the content and the data protection practices, nor do we endorse these.
Which rights do I have with regards to my personal data?
You have the right at any time to receive information free of charge regarding your personal data which we have stored, its origin and recipients and the purpose of the data processing, and a right to correction, blocking or deletion.
Your feedback is welcome at all times. In case of questions or comments regarding our data protection practices, contact us under: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us to inquire which personal data we have stored pertaining to your person, to request that we update, correct, delete, block or no longer use your personal data, or to revoke previously granted consent.